All comments are moderated at my discretion and as I have the time. These are some basic guidelines.
1) Please stay on topic. If you are coming to tell me you tried my tortilla recipe last night and loved it, I'll probably publish your comment. If you're coming to engage me in a health care debate on a post about applesauce, your comment will probably not be published. Go to the search bar, find an appropriate post, and I'll answer your question there if it is not already answered in the post.
2) Try not to make demands. I love suggestions and resources, but not demands.
3) Lay off my family. Any insults towards my husband or children or who you think my children will grow up to be will not be published.
4) Don't insult other readers. You can engage other readers, of course, but name-calling isn't helpful. Let's assume that we're all generally intelligent people who may disagree on some things and go from there.
5) Read my post before commenting on it.
6) Don't make assumptions. Asking "Why do you never_______?" is a little silly. Just because I haven't written about it doesn't mean I never do it.
7) Please don't comment anonymously. If you have to use the Anonymous ID, then just sign your name at the bottom of your comment. That way, if you become a frequent commenter, we can get to know you.