He brought home this big gift, all wrapped in paper, and told me that his co-worker said it was a toaster oven.
A toaster oven?
So, I listed to my husband the ways in which my crock pot was far superior to a toaster oven and that we didn't need it. Having expected this, he said we couldn't return it, so I set my mind to selling it on Craigslist.
I tore off the paper so that I could get information to list it properly only to find...
A roaster oven!
A roaster ovenis like a giant crock pot/mini-oven.
- It is more energy efficient than an oven by up to 70%.
- It holds more stuff than a crock pot, up to an 18 pound turkey, or larger if I hack the legs off first.
- It fits all of the pans I own except my pizza pan, but I can cook a good sized pizza in it anyway. It also fits the car pan I got for my kids, so I won't have to turn on the oven to play with it.
- It has the temperature control of an oven, with ranges of 150-450, plus a lower range for warming.
- It has a rack that slides in, like the racks in an oven.
- The enamel "crock" of it is removable for easy cleaning.
My crock pot adventures have now turned to roaster oven adventures. I'm even thinking of figuring out a way to make cheese in it.